Seriously. If you know my email address, am I bound by some social custom to answer every email you send me? Within some particular time frame? Am I required to even read every email you send me?
- I have an email address.
- You send me an email
- I have, you know, a life. I don’t read your email for a couple days.
- You get annoyed at me for not answering, so you send another email: “Did you get my email?”
- I, still possessing a life, family and a job, still don’t read your email.
- You get downright pissed, and send me a screed as to my personal failings.
- Email checking finally bubbles to the top of my todo-list, and I read your first email. Possibly even respond to it.
- By the time I read your last email, I am baffled as to how my personal scheduling became offensive to you.
Been there? Me too.